Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sleepwalking in Mexico




While flipping through my Harper's Bazaar Runway Report (after my homework was finished of course) I suddenly gasped as I came across the new Rodarte collection. Amoung all the fabulous, trendy, yet mostly dark designs featured on the runways at this year's Fashion Week, there, on page 109, was the most outstanding collection I have ever laid eyes on. I don't know if it's because of the abundant use of vintage lace in the designs (I'm all about vintage; especially in lace form), but this collection was calling my name. As soon as I caught my breath, i scrambled to the computer to search the entire collection on Style.com. After reading the review I learned that this collection was even more amazing than I thought. The inspiration for these brilliant peices emerged from a road trip to Jaurez Mexico and the "hazy,dreamlike quality" of the land. The collection is based on the concept of sleepwalking. Sleepwalking - A difficult concept to grasp,considering most participants are unconseious while walking in their sleep. But the Rodarte collection puts that naive world to life with the random, yet harmonious combination of designs in every look.

Image source: style.com

0 comments: